Tuesday, April 21, 2009

From Jen's Tute

This has been one of my favorite tutes for layering. I began the process with white card stock covered with torn paper. It was so fun choosing what papers I wanted to combine.



Next step, I added white and cream colored lace and covered the whole thing with gel medium and let dry.

After it dries completely, I then add watercolor crayons in groves and on top of lace, well...everywhere and then pressed colored areas with fingers to smooth and smudge. I also dabbed on glitter glue. Then sprayed with a fixative.

After dry, add layer of acrylic white paint mixed with a little water and let dry.

I painted on another layer of white acrylic paint mixed with water. First layer was not enough for me, and let dry.

This is one of the ATC backgrounds I cut from paper.

Below is one of two cards made by using backgrounds above . This was a trade theme in my wonderful and fun group ATCforbeginners, located here
Always like to mention its very kind and great moderator Leslie Dupont and of course Jen for the tute, which you can find at her blog here

Second card for friend and trade partner, Barbara in our group.

2 comments:

Jen xo said...

ooohh Linda,didnt they turn out wonderfully!! your colors are gorgeous and i love the butterflies you used.
Loverly Cards! jenxo
P.s. i love seeing everybody's variations....

Miek said...

This looks great !