Thursday, January 24, 2008

1957 Retro Tag Book-Kitchens/Music

First, sorry about the size of these next 3 tags. I forgot to resize and by golly I am just to tired to redo but do appreciate you looking.
After I created two kitchen tags for this set of 3, my eye caught the photo below of lady sifting thru those marvelous 33 albums. Had to include it. I wanted a background that reminded me of 1957 textiles. This little square piece in my stash was so perfect. I chose the bingo game piece because of the 57. I gave it a good distress job and felt it was then complete.

It was interesting that by the time I chose the pieces for the next two kitchen tags, it was obvious that in that time, (models anyway) they wore heels, aprons, and loved that phone. You know, the Ozzie and Harriet look. Oh, and most floors had the two color checker board thing going on. I have really enjoyed putting my tags together. Again, I must salute my group Artists Circle and leader, Cindy Powell.




6 comments:

Goldbettyboop said...

Fantastic retro pics, done a really good job - THANKS for sharing.
WELCOME TO BLOGLANDIA XX

Christy said...

LinLin,
Your tags are awesome. I love each and everyone of them. I just got a bunch (3 dover books) with women/fashion of the 20s and 30s and your tags are definitely inspiring.
--Christy

Karen Samuelson Ricks said...

Hi LinLin!
I love your Blog!!! I love your Retro Tags! And I love your video link. Suzi is adorable.

Samm

morningDove said...

LinLin: love your blog and artwork. Your profile is so cute and funny. Think I would rather saunter around the site so I don't miss anything. Congrats

jet1960 said...

Your retro tags are very cool and so is your blog! Love your title-thingy(it's late & I forgot what it's called!)

Jill

gaby braun said...

Love this retro book! And I wish you good new friends with your blog!