Friday, January 25, 2008

Glue Resist Technique

Another fun background challenge from Trish Bee at our group, "Next Generation Stampers." You can find the detailed directions at http://trishbee.co.uk/?p=341 . Here are the basics you will need matte white card stock, school glue (you might as well see if they have it in 5 gal. buckets cause this is so yummy, messy and kewl), around the house items to create designs in the glue, some type of credit card for scraping, inks (I will just say inks because in our group every kind of ink was used, pigment, dyes, mists, powders, metallics...), I used freezer paper to protect my working surface, and lastly but most important is patience. Once you work up your glue backgrounds they pretty much have to dry overnight, trust me on this, do not attempt to play too early. I created my backgrounds kind of early, so they do not have the razzzmatazzzz (beautiful) like some of the others. I will ask a couple of the girls if I can link their art pieces here for you to see. Ya gotta try it, I mean who does not secretly want to play with tons of that -you know- school glue? Thanks for stopping by and love to hear from you.





6 comments:

Carol said...

Welcome to the world of art blogs! Love all your projects and giving the details.

Trish Bee said...

More stunners from you! I expect nothing less! Gorgeous work! Great to read your blog post too!! I like your style :)

Rena Sawatski said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Love your glue backgrounds, with the vibrant colours.
Rena

Rosie said...

I love your retro-tag books - they're fab!
Haven't we all had the best time with the glue resist backgrounds?? LOL... they are amazing. Congrats to you (and your blog is looking very cool BTW!!)
Rosie (NGS)

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

What awesome designer papers! This technique looks like fun, will have to give it a try! Your retro tags are simply wonderful! Brings back a lot of good memories.Thanks for sharing your art with us!

SC-The Artful Mama said...

What great backgrounds!! Love the colors you chose to use!
Also, thanks for your nice comment on my 2x2 collage! :)
I really enjoyed looking through your entire blog!! Great eye candy and inspiration here!!! ;)
xoxoxoo
Susan Chong
The Artful Mama
beegsmachine@yahoo.com